DSC now have a, SAILING COMMITTEE, this consists of :-
Richard Bonner, Commodore
Lynn Harland, Sailing Secretary
In a quest to encourage more people to participate in the racing, we have made a few alterations to the racing format.
(1) The races have been shortened to 40 – 45 minutes
(2) Three races. First race 11.00 am, Second race 12.30 and the third race at 2.00 pm.
(3) We will be using new handicaps, in line with Sutton Bingham. ( Which should allow for closer racing ). These can be viewed on the race board in the Club House.
(4) The Ostrobogulous Series is being trialed for the 12.30 race This is a League.
3 points for competing in a race
1 point for each boat beaten, providing they are above you, or within
6 points below.
This means that the more you win the less points you pick up, giving the advantage to people lower in the League.
(5) Buoy “B” and the bank will no longer be in use. Start and Finish will be between buoys A and B
Any one who would like help to get into racing, please come and have a chat with us.
Spring Series starts on March 30th
Hope to see you on the water
Lynn Harland, Sailing Secretary DSC